Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back from Oklahoma

Well, I am resting up a little from my trip to Oklahoma City, and the Tate Music Group Studios this past week. We arrive home last night and even though we had a good time, it is so nice to be home! I recorded the vocals to the last two songs on my new CD, "A Beautiful Place", which is a remix of Wayne Watson's classic, and one of my original songs entitled, "I Believe", I know, you would think that I could have come up with a more original title, LOL! However, the title is the essence of the lyrics, so, I could not come up with anything more original, ha, ha!

Our experience in the studio was great, and everything went as well as it possibly could have. My Producer, Steven Jeffrey was very professional and did a great job engineering my vocal work - I could not have been more pleased. Steven said that all of my songs should be mixed and mastered by the end of the month and then the Project will go to "Graphics" for the design phase of my CD cover - from there it will go to press and Marketing. I have not been given a firm release date, but I am hoping for a release somewhere around mid May, (fingers crossed).

I want to say thank you to everyone that prayed for my wife and I on our trip to Oklahoma - it made a tremendous difference. Without your prayers I might not be writing this to you today. We decided to visit some friends in St. Louis this past weekend, and traveled to Oklahoma City on Monday (2nd). While traveling from St. Louis to Oklahoma City, all was going well until suddenly, as I topped a hill on the interstate, I noticed a State Trooper's car stopped dead still in my lane. In thinking back on the incident, I literally had 1 second to react. Somehow, by God's grace and Providence, we escaped injury and narrowly missed the State Trooper's car - it was a miracle that only God could have done. I realized later, after I had time to catch my breath, how close we had come to ending our earthly existence. The event, reminded me that until God's plans have been fulfilled in ones life, that we can not be harmed. I know that may sound a little cheezy to some, but I really believe that. I believe that God has a plan for my life, and perhaps my music to reach others, and until that plan is fulfilled, nothing can interfere, not even a police car blocking my path on the interstate. Thank you all once again for praying for my wife and I as we traveled, it certainly made a difference.

I will be sending out updates as they come my way as to the progress and release of the new album, please stay tuned. Also, I would love to hear from you, so drop by my, Myspace page or just leave me a comment, I alway enjoy talking to any of you.

God Bless,

Rickey

No comments:

Post a Comment